Dates: October 4-6, 2006
Location: Hyatt Regency Hotel, Indianapolis, IN
The 4th Annual NAME, Inc. Conference offered:
- National updates from Medicaid and Education experts.
- Multiple break out sessions covering a variety of school-based topics, roundtable discussions for state and local personnel and an exhibit hall of resources.
- Networking-this is a rare opportunity to meet with your colleagues and participate in discussions about what works!
2006 Conference Presentations:
- Education Update
Bill East, Director, National Association of State Directors of Special Education
- Legislative Update
Mary Kusler, Assistant Director, Government Relations, American Association of School Administrators
- Policy Advocacy
- Bringing the Systems Together the California Way
Sue Hamblin, Director, Northern California Medi-Cal Administrative Services, Cathy Bray RN M. Ed Consultant for School Health Programs and LEC MAA Coordinators Annette Jewell, Michelle Cowart, Brenda Higdon, Marjorie Rollins, Janice Holden and Eileen Dolan
- School Based Services: 101
Jane Reagan, MPA, Department Specialist, Michigan Office of Special Education and Early Intervention Services
- Personal Care...Consider the Possibilities
Janet Lowe, Assistant Administrator, Saint Paul Public Schools and Cathy Griffin, Third Party Reimbursement Policy Specialist, Minnesota Department of Education
- The California SPA Experience
Elizabeth Touhey, Acting Branch Chief, Medi-Cal Policy Division, California Department of Health Services and Kevin Harris, Managing Director, Navigant Consulting, Inc.
- Medicaid Billing - Part C Services
Dann Stevens, Medicaid Consultant Iowa Department of Education
- Random Moment Time Studies and Beyond
Daryl Okrzesk, Controller Chicago Public Schools, Greg Wilson, Manager of Financial Monitoring, Illinois Department of Healthcare and Family Services, Eric R. Dockery, Health Services Management Program Manager, Chicago Public Schools and Peter Giles, Project Manager, Public Consulting Group
- Document and Record Keeping
Roni J. Russell, Eductional Consultant, Pennsylvania Department of Education and Barry Decker, Human Services Program Specialist Supervisor, Pennsylvania Department of Public Welfare
- School Based Nursing
by Kari Armijo, Director of Medicaid School Office, NM Human Services Department, Suzy Whitehead, MSN, RNC Mediaid Nurse Coordinator, Albuquerque P.S. and Mary Delgado, RN BSN, School Nurse Supervisor, Roswell Indenpendent S.D.
- Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Update
by Judi Wallace, Health nsurance Specialist - Administrative Claiming, Linda Tavenor, Technical Director - Cost Reimbursement and Meilssa Harris, Health Insurance Specialist - State Plan Amendments